Friday, January 27, 2006

The Great Cruzini













I took up doing magic and illusions some time ago. Mostly, I do close-up and a little bit of stage magic, but I have yet to dive into the fine art of the grand illusions... unitl now! I found the plans I had bought some time ago to built the Zig-Zag illusion. I had put building on hold because of costs (magic is an expensive hobby), but I think the time has come to take the goat by the horns (whatever that means) and finish this illusion. One other piece of stage magic greatly interests me: the Metamorphosis Illusion (two people switch in a box)... but that's for later.

I think it would be cool to do stuff like Copperfield, but then again where's the joy in inpregating a woman on stage while being 15 feet away from her (that's one illusion I DON'T want to know how it works). Anyways, I do admire Copperfield's ability to vanish extraordinary things, namely the Statue of Liberty and a Railway Car. Maybe I might try vanishing an elephant. I wonder if the zoo will lend me one?

P.S. Today is Mozart's 250th birthday, so have some cake and hear a symphony before the day is out!

No comments: