Friday, December 15, 2006

THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE IN AUSTIN

So, I'm driving into Austin, TX to buy my Macbook Pro and as I'm entering the city, I notice this haze. At first I assumed it must be rain. But alas, it is not.

Encircling the city of Austin is this smog haze that blocks out the sun. When you get to the suburbs, everything's great the sun shines and the skies are blue, but over the city there is nothing but this gray air that blankets the town and literally blocks the sun out. This is a picture of it.

I just don't know how people can live like that. Not being able to see the sun in the day. Today, especially, the sun was absolutely beautiful. It was almost like a Twilight Zone episode or something... no sun.

I just got me thinking. Now yes I have long hair, I drink green tea, and I use Mac computers. So, many would automatically assume - hippie. So, I'll play into this stereo-type for a moment. I just think that we've done an overtly awful job at treasuring the environment. Yes, I'm a hypocrite, I drive an SUV. But it's not really auto-emisions that bother me. It bothers me when we take God's creation for granted, when we just assume that the beauty that God created will always be there for us. When we don't take the time to walk along the beach or sit on the porch and stare at the stars. We are not concerned about the earth, because we do not notice it. So, try to notice it. It's quite pretty.

No comments: