Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cry, 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war.

OK, let’s have a serious discussion. Over the next several weeks, as time allows, I will be posting several issues surrounding Just War theory (it’s history, etc.), which many Christians claim is a legitimate position. Now, I will be honest – I am a Christian pacifist. I wouldn’t be a pacifist if I was not a Christian, and I have a hard time seeing how someone could be a Christian and not be a pacifist. But I will state my position, hopefully somewhat convincingly in these upcoming posts, along with Just War positions.

Pacifism for me is not a political stance; it’s a Christian one. I fully considered the beliefs and ramifications of this position before I committed to it. And, unfortunately, I’ve taken a lot of heat from fellow Christians about it. But, that’s OK. So, if you don’t agree with me, great! Feel free to comment – it’s all about discussion! All I ask it that you allow yourself to read my position with an open mind… then, if you want to reject pacifism, do so! But listen to the arguments first.

No comments: