Wednesday, April 12, 2006

ANCIENT DIARY: WEDNESDAY

I don't know what to do. I've been following this man around for a while; his teachings are inspiring and the way people come to him is unimaginable. But things are getting rough. We think we're all about to be run out of town at moment. This problem has been growing bigger for some time now. My teacher knows that he's causing problems for our religious leaders, but he doesn't seem to mind. He seems to know that he's going to get us into hot water, but he doesn't seem to care.

It's gotten so bad that several of our religious leaders are starting to ask for him to be brought in on charges. Things are really starting to get messed up; I don't know what to do. I wanted to follow him - I love him, after all, but I'm beginning to wonder if it was worth it in the first place. What if they bring us all up on charges? What if I'm arrested? I hear they are even willing to offer a reward for him. I wonder what they will give to someone who turned him in? I wonder what they would give me - when they realize that I'm one of his students; when they realize that I'm Judas Iscariot?

No comments: